امروز : چهارشنبه, ۱۲ مهر , ۱۴۰۲
Technical Director – Surface Water Management (Multiple locations available) / Directeur technique – Gestion des eaux de surface (Plusieurs emplacements disponible)
Job title: Technical Director – Surface Water Management (Multiple locations available) / Directeur technique – Gestion des eaux de surface (Plusieurs emplacements disponible) Company: GHD Job description: Technical Director – Surface Water Management (Multiple locations available) Due to continuing demand for tailings owners to comply with the GISTM standards, our North American operation is now […]
Job title: Technical Director – Surface Water Management (Multiple locations available) / Directeur technique – Gestion des eaux de surface (Plusieurs emplacements disponible)
Job description: Technical Director – Surface Water Management (Multiple locations available)
Due to continuing demand for tailings owners to comply with the GISTM standards, our North American operation is now looking for an experienced Technical Director – Surface Water Management, based in Quebec (Montreal), to complement our existing Tailings and Mine Waste global service line. GHD has a significant profile across the Asia Pacific region in tailings management and mine waste services for Tier 1 mining clients and the need for these clients in Canada, USA and other regions is increasing significantly.
Working as a valued member of the GHD Surface Water Team will expose you to some of the largest and most interesting projects being undertaken nationally and internationally. There is flexibility to define your role (whether that be technical, business development or managerial) and drive career outcomes that are most important to you. This is all while working within the hydrology and hydrodynamics service line which is comprised of a large pool of industry leaders and technical experts both nationally and internationally.
Multiple locations available: Montréal, Laval or Brossard
Working with Team Leaders and Project Mangers, you will be involved with:
- A large variety of projects including linear infrastructure, risk-based assessments for large dams or tailings facilities, and conventional flood studies
- Acting as Technical Lead, Project Manager or Project Director to guide key projects and mentor other staff
- Overseeing the application of software tools in a strategic manner to facilitate impact assessment, risk assessments, concept design, and compliance
- Business Development
- A team committed to ongoing innovation.
What you will bring to the team:
- A degree in civil engineering, environmental engineering, data science/ analytics or similar with industry experience
- Recognizing that not everyone has the same set of skills, we are keen to see where your strengths lie. Skills relevant to this position will include many of the following
- A fundamental understanding of relevant guidelines and methodologies relevant to your skills (e.g., ARR 2019 methodologies and techniques)
- Applied experience supporting infrastructure design through the application of various hydrologic and hydraulic packages
- Hands-on experience with a range of software will be viewed favourably. GHD utilizes a vast array of hydrologic, hydraulic, hydrodynamic and water balance packages including Goldsim; 2D hydraulics such as Tuflow and HECRAS; GIS and other compatible software
- Experience with other high-end software such as CFD (computational fluid dynamics), risk assessment software (LifeSim), programming packages (Python or R) or civil design packages (12D/ Civil3D) will also be viewed favorably.
The role requires detailed knowledge of CDA/ANCOLD, GISTM, local regulations and other industry guidelines and be connected into networks across the industry. You will ideally have a broad range of experience in planning, design, construction and governance services for tailings dams.
While this opportunity is a full-time role, flexible work options are also available.
As the Technical Director – Surface Water Management, you will work on a range of mine waste management projects to:
- Provide technical leadership, often in multi-disciplinary teams for planning, feasibility studies and detailed design project phases
- Develop client relationships, both nationally and internationally using your established networks
- Mentor and train other GHD staff.
- Degree in Engineering (Civil or Geotechnical)
- Masters in Geotechnical Engineering desirable
- Registered P.Eng. in Canada (Quebec)
- Substantial experience (15+ years) in surface water management for tailings dams and mine waste engineering, ideally in a consulting environment, and relevant postgraduate qualifications are preferred
- Bilingual in English and French
As a diverse and inclusive organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
GHD is an employee-owned company with a stated vision and a determination to address humanity’s most urgent needs: to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Location: Montreal, QC
Job date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 22:16:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!
کاریابی انجمن شهرسازی ایران و سایت شهرساز