امروز : چهارشنبه, ۱۲ مهر , ۱۴۰۲
Job title: Project Leader, Forestry Company: City of Mississauga Job description: Req ID: 23910 Vacancy Type: Temporary Duration: Up to 2 Years (Contract) Number of Positions: 1 Closing Date: 10/01/2023 Job Summary Guided by our vision that together we will protect, enhance, restore, expand and connect Mississauga’s Natural Heritage System and Urban Forest to sustain […]
Job title: Project Leader, Forestry
Company: City of Mississauga
Job description: Req ID: 23910
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Duration: Up to 2 Years (Contract)
Number of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 10/01/2023
Guided by our vision that together we will protect, enhance, restore, expand and connect Mississauga’s Natural Heritage System and Urban Forest to sustain a healthy community for present and future generations, the Forestry Section is a progressive and interdisciplinary team of professional and technical experts that plans, sustains, and manages Mississauga’s trees, forests, and natural areas in an effective, efficient and equitable manner.
Reporting to the Manager, Forestry the successful candidate will lead the initiation, planning, and execution of the Forestry and Natural Heritage Master Plan and its related studies and projects. They will bring together a multi-disciplinary project team from across the corporation and engage key stakeholders from across Mississauga. They will provide strategic advice, project management, and technical expertise and analysis to the Forestry Leadership Team, and foster a strategic approach and culture to urban forest management that is evidence-based and data-driven.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the initiation, planning, and execution of the Forestry and Natural Heritage Master Plan and related studies and projects. This includes defining the project scope, identifying key stakeholders, developing a project charter, supervising a project-based technical team (City staff/contractors/consultants) in the preparation of technical analysis, research, public consultation, stakeholder engagement, and ensuring alignment with the Official Plan, City policies, and corporate priorities.
- Prepare request for quotations, terms of reference, specifications, proposal calls for consultants/contractor services relating to forestry projects and services.
- Administer contracts to ensure compliance with established City standards, specifications, contract terms, conditions and budgets.
- Provides direction to consultants to ensure projects are completed on time, within the approved budget and specifications.
- Liaise and build positive working relationships with other business units, divisions, departments, conservation authorities, stakeholders, and the general public.
- Represent the section and/or department on inter-departmental and inter-agency projects, attending public meetings, giving presentations and answering questions.
- Prepare presentations, briefing memos, corporate reports and other correspondence for senior City staff and members of City Council and Committees of Council on forestry matters.
- Support data-driven and evidence-based decision-making by analyzing, interpreting, and reporting on strategic, operational, and financial information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in forestry, arboriculture, ecology, environmental studies, planning, or related discipline.
- Must be a Certified Arborist with the International Society of Arboriculture and a Registered Professional Forester with the Ontario Professional Foresters Association.
- Project Management Professional certification with the Project Management Institute would be an asset.
- Minimum of 7 years of related work experience in urban forestry in a municipal setting.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing projects and contractors, including developing procurement documents, budget control, meeting deadlines and deliverables, contractor quality control, working with/on project teams and working groups.
- Demonstrated experience managing forest management planning projects (i.e. management plans, canopy cover assessments, significant woodland studies, i-Tree Eco studies, asset management plans, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience analyzing, interpreting, and reporting on strategic, operational, and/or financial information in an urban forestry context to support management and decision-making.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience with various software applications (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, ArcGIS, Infor or comparable work management systems).
- Demonstrated working knowledge of current legislation and policies relating to urban forestry (i.e. Municipal Act, Planning Act, Provincial Policy Statement, Conservation Authorities Act, etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong strategic and analytical capabilities, and proven political acumen.
- Valid class ‘G” Ontario driver’s license with access to a vehicle is required.
- May be required to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Hourly Rate/Salary: $51.16 – $68.22
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: 950 Burnhamthorpe Rd W
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Parks, Forestry & Environment , Forestry
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
Location: Mississauga, ON
Job date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 22:43:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!
کاریابی انجمن شهرسازی ایران و سایت شهرساز