امروز : پنج شنبه, ۳۰ شهریور , ۱۴۰۲
Job title: Development Manager Company: Habitat for Humanity Job description: Job Title: Development Manager Reports To: Director, Real Estate Division: Real Estate Terms of Employment: Full-time, Monday – Friday (9 am –۵ pm) Location: 155 Bermondsey Road, Toronto ON. Habitat GTA currently deploys a hybrid working environment, asking staff to come onsite once (1) per […]
Job title: Development Manager
Company: Habitat for Humanity
Job description: Job Title: Development Manager
Reports To: Director, Real Estate
Division: Real Estate
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Monday – Friday (9 am –۵ pm)
Location: 155 Bermondsey Road, Toronto ON. Habitat GTA currently deploys a hybrid working environment, asking staff to come onsite once (1) per week at minimum.
Who We Are
Habitat for Humanity Greater Toronto Area (Habitat GTA) is leading the way in addressing one of the most pressing issues of our time: the need for affordable homes. We partner with working families in need of an affordable, safe and secure place to live and enable their family’s ability to thrive. We are a land developer, a home builder, a fundraiser, and a mortgage holder. In support of our homebuilding operations, Habitat GTA operates a retail home improvement store called Habitat ReStore, which sells donated home furnishings, appliances, and renovation materials, with all proceeds helping us build more homes.
Habitat GTA is growing. We are an innovative, entrepreneurial social enterprise that has been increasing our capacity for impact each and every year. Together, we are building a better, more inclusive GTA for everyone.
Habitat GTA’s pipeline of projects has been rapidly expanding in both size and diversity. The existing pipeline includes 340 homes across 19 projects throughout the GTA. Projects include stacked townhouse and mid-rise developments. Several projects are being undertaken in partnership with other non-profit housing providers with Habitat GTA as the lead developer. Some projects involve partnerships with for-profit developers with Habitat GTA building a portion of a larger residential development. All of this is occurring in a rapidly changing affordable housing and real estate development landscape with new opportunities associated with inclusionary zoning, community benefits, and increasing government attention to addressing housing supply and affordability.
Within this context, the Development Manager will be working closely with the Real Estate team, to deliver on the existing pipeline of build projects while supporting the Director, Real Estate Development in multiple new strategic initiatives.
If you are energetic and motivated with experience managing the development review and approvals process and have a passion to channel your talents and experience into building a better, more inclusive GTA for everyone, this is an ideal next step for your career.
- Represent Habitat for Humanity GTA as a Brand Ambassador by modeling our values and guiding principles
- Learn, understand and participate in the Health and Safety Program
- Maintain clear on-going correspondence with clients and other consultants.
- Organizing and attending client and sub-consultant meetings.
- Conducting due diligence on sites/potential projects.
- Assisting with preparation, monitoring, submission and reviewing of RFPs, funding applications including those coming from consultants on active projects, and other processes.
- Researching and investigating files, correspondence with Realtors and sign CA’s. This can include the due diligence process, intake of potential new opportunities on and off the market.
- Examine planning policies, regulations, maps and files, which can include zoning by-laws, planning rationale reports, GIS files and data room.
- Preparation of minutes, letters, reports, briefs, and memos, for both internal and external meetings and site profiles.
- Update information regarding Habitat for Humanity GTA’s pipeline, portfolio, and continue building departmental processes.
- Find and apply to new funding sources.
- Project manage planning applications, permits and other submissions/application/processes
- Proforma building – expectation of taking both ULI course and gaining hands-on-experience.
- Assisting as needed on Habitat’s projects and supporting the Director and team.
- Actively and consistently coordinating and communicating with other departments internally, as needed.
- Update and maintain the individual project and master schedule in
- Attend meetings as required with the team, consultants and/or municipal/regional staff, and Councillors.
- Prepare appropriate and relevant materials for submission of development applications to relevant municipalities/regions and carry through the application(s) to completion
- Organize, prepare for and attend pre-application consultation meetings with relevant municipalities/regions
- Responsible for uploading and maintaining relevant information and documentation in Procore and Microsoft Teams.
- Attend Board meetings where required and prepare any required materials.
- Understand the relevant development application processes in each municipality/region Habitat GTA works with.
What You Bring
- Industry experience equivalent and/or a degree in Urban Planning, Geography and/or Real Estate
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the Planning, Land Development and/or Construction Industry
- A sound knowledge of the Development Review & Approvals Process, including but not limited to Official Plan Amendments, Zoning By-law Amendments, Minor Variances, Site Plan Approvals, Draft Plan of Subdivision and Condominium. Experience in the Durham, Peel and/or Toronto region would be a strong asset.
- Experience with a variety of Urban Design and Building principles and knowledge of relevant and updated policy and legislation as it relates to Planning, development and affordable housing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication & presentation skills
- Excellent project management skills with respect to handling multiple projects with competing priorities and timelines and various stakeholders
- Excellent people skills and ability to work with various consultants, internal groups and various stakeholders
- Strong work ethic, positive team attitude and ability to problem solve and show initiative
- Strong ability for analytical thinking and critical judgment; and a self-starter
- Excellent writing skills, including writing of formal reports, briefing notes, memos and Requests for Proposals
- Understanding of risks, constraints and management of the development approval process
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools.. Experience with Smarsheets is an asset.
- Driver’s license and ability to drive to sites
Why Join Us?
- A meaningful opportunity to make a difference in your local community and to have first-hand contact with the families whose lives are transformed by our work
- The pride of being part of a highly respected, high profile global charity
- A stimulating, fast paced professional opportunity in a team of like-minded ‘world-changers’
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- RRSP eligibility
- Flexible work arrangements
- Internal job mobility and developmental opportunities
- Wellness initiatives including EAP and corporate gym membership rate with Goodlife Fitness
If you are ready to make a change in your local community and become a part of our team at Habitat for Humanity GTA, click on the Apply button within this posting or click on our Careers Page to find more:
Your Future at Habitat for Humanity GTA Awaits.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada throughout the duration of their employment with Habitat for Humanity GTA. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Habitat for Humanity GTA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Habitat for Humanity GTA is committed to ensuring a barrier-free, accessible and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Upon individual request, we will endeavor to remove barriers to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities, providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements of the employment position. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point during the recruitment and selection process.
As part of our selection process, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Habitat for Humanity GTA, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 22:39:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!
کاریابی انجمن شهرسازی ایران و سایت شهرساز